In today’s increasingly regulated environment, directors and other persons responsible for corporate governance have significant legal responsibilities.
As a result, they often choose to seek professional help from experts to ensure they have sound corporate governance procedures and risk management policies.
Governance issues range from board structure to internal control procedures, the need to safeguard assets, risk management, constitution of audit committees, and the implications of “shadow” directors.
Corporate governance reviews are particularly important for directors of PLCs. They are also relevant to other companies and organisations with:
- Responsibilities to account for the use of public funds
- Public interest obligations
- Third-party investors such as grant agencies and venture capital
- Boards that contain non executive directors
- A large number of stakeholders, from banks to staff and shareholders
If you would like more information on this then give BDO Limerick a call on +353 61 414 455 or email email@example.com